Education- PhD. Chemistry from University of Pittsburgh, applying Optimal Control Theory in the design of optical waveguides used in telecommunication.
- Post-doctoral fellowship in quantum chemistry from Brown University, using Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics simulations to compute the energetics of small molecule clusters.
- Biophysics research (numerical modeling of chemical kinetics in cells to identify key oncogenes in cancer related biological pathways) in Drexel University.
- Bioinformatics, biostatistics and computational biology at Cold Spring Harbor Labs, studying biological networks and pathways involving transcription factors and microRNAs.
- Bioinformatician and data scientist at University of Pennsylvania, analyzing next generation sequencing data in mouse models of cancer.
Experience- Teaching Assistant (graduate student teacher) for 7 years at University of Pittsburgh teaching General Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry. This includes tutorials and doing labs.
- Received the Safford Award for best student teacher in 1993.
- Part time Physics instructor at Drexel University
HobbiesI am an outdoor person.
During the winter, I enjoy skiiing and ice-skating (University of Pennsylvania has an ice-skating rink where the professional hockey players practice)
I am a regular jogger, and have taken part in 5k and 10k races in the past years.
I enjoy hiking, tennis and golf in the spring/summer.
I have played several sports including field hockey, soccer, cricket , badminton ...
Programming, Physics, Scientific Programming, 12th Grade math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, AP Chemistry, Biostatistics, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Calculus 3, Chemistry, Geometry, GMAT Quantitative, GRE Quantitative, GRE Subject Test in Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.